Skip to main content

What is better Calisthenics or Weight Lifting?

 In this article, I will argue for both sides of this topic and want to hear what you guys have to say about it as well.  I will lay out the benefits of why I believe each side is better and will not take one side over the other.

To start, let's talk about why Calisthenics is better.  Firstly, I want to describe what calisthenics is: it is pretty much bodyweight workouts requiring many compound movements.  Calisthenics is better because it requires little to no equipment and you can save a lot of money by doing this.  As well as that, this type of working out is so much better for weight loss compared to weight lifting.  Since calisthenics requires a lot more movement, it is much easier to burn fat and strengthen your muscles.  We are not all trying to look like bodybuilders and calisthenics will give us that cut physique that we are looking for.  Also, these movements are a lot more common in things like sports or physical activities so this will give us an edge if we are still competing in those.  So, calisthenics is better for weight loss, burning unwanted fat, and also giving you the best physique that will not be too bulky.


The other topic, weight lifting, is pretty self-explanatory.  I think everyone knows what I am talking about when I say this.  This type of workout will single out different muscles and is a much better way of growing stronger.  As well as this, you will also be able to see improvement in everyday life.  You will be able to lift things easier, and also for athletes, you need to be strong in order to excel in your sport.  Weight lifting is also a great way to burn unwanted calories and will also burn fat.  As well as this, with weight lifting, you will grow bigger.   So weight lifting is better because of the strength you gain from it and also you will gain mass in your body while burning fat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fitness Industry Will Take a Hit with the Urge to get out of your Home

 One thing that I hate to admit, but I believe will happen is people are going to stop working out or give up their fitness journey.  My first reason for believing this is due to the fact that the lockdown from Covid is finally coming to a close so people are starting to travel more, work at an office again, or even go hang out with friends.  These reasons listed above are going to take away from the free time that we all had during the pandemic and I think that this will be the cause of a decline in working out.  During Covid, everyone had nothing else better to do, but now people are going to want to get out of their house and will have less time for something like working out.   This prediction of people not working out as much is a reason I wanted to start this blog as well.  I want people to continue their fitness journey and continue to exercise frequently and that is why I have given some tips on how to work out fast and without any of the pain ...

Barbell vs Dumbbells for Working Out

 There is a very interesting question that I think everyone that has ever worked out in their life has thought about.  This question is should I lift with dumbbells or should I use a barbell.  There are pros and cons for each of these workouts and it is tough to say that one is better than the other.  Let's first start off by talking about dumbbells. Dumbbells Pros: I would say the biggest pro of dumbbells is that they are cheaper than a barbell because with a barbell you would have to buy all of the additional weights.   Also, they are easier to store than a barbell.  If you buy a set of adjustable weights, you could throw them in a corner where no one will see them. Wider range of motion than a barbell.  You have more flexibility to change what range of motion you are going to use. I personally think it is easier to change weight on the adjustable dumbbell than unloading all the plates on a barbell Cons: Lift less weight than a barbell.  Be...

What if every gym offered free personal trainers?

  If every gym offered free personal trainers for the first few months, would there be more people working out?  Would this cause the gym industry to boom because they would get more membership fees, but more people would begin working out.  I believe that all beginners to the industry would start going to gyms because they would feel more comfortable with someone helping them.  I also think that this would bring more money to the gym because they would have more customers.  As well as this, I think only beginners would use personal trainers.  This would encourage people to get to the gym and start working out.  I think that there would be less health implications in the world as well because people would be in better shape.  If people are in better shape, the food industry will also boom because people will start worrying about what they put into their bodies.  If people are also healthier, then the healthcare industry could take a small hit...