Skip to main content

Personal Interview with a Role Model For Me

I think that most of the time we do not look at our friends as role models or someone to look up to, but rather as peers or equals.  However, this is different for me with one of my friends who I asked a few questions.  This is the guy that got me started on my workout journey and is even more dedicated than me and knows about every ingredient of every food that he puts into his body.  So for this blog, I am interviewing my friend Nick.

The first question that I asked was, "Do you have any tips for people that are trying to get into working out?"

Nick answered, " I tried to have someone go with me at first.  It was hard to have the motivation every day to get up and go do something so I defiantly recommend having someone to do it with.  Another thing was just figuring out what worked for me.  I am the type of person that really enjoyed getting up early and that way I could be done for the day.  At first, I couldn't lift heavy weights or run 2 miles but you just have to be motivated to continue getting up."

The next question that I asked Nick was, "What made you first get into working out?"

Nick's response for this one I felt was very interesting, however, he answered, "I started working out because in high school I was a swimmer and after swim, I noticed that I was getting really fit.  I had never worked out before this.  I also only swam for my workouts at first, I didn't go to the gym and use weights, I went to the pool and swam.  This was a good way for me because I had to for practice.  I started using the gym a few years later when a friend invited me over and I felt I was not as strong as I should be.  So, I continued to go to his house and now today I could not imagine missing a day with him.  I still go to his house and work out with him."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fitness Industry Will Take a Hit with the Urge to get out of your Home

 One thing that I hate to admit, but I believe will happen is people are going to stop working out or give up their fitness journey.  My first reason for believing this is due to the fact that the lockdown from Covid is finally coming to a close so people are starting to travel more, work at an office again, or even go hang out with friends.  These reasons listed above are going to take away from the free time that we all had during the pandemic and I think that this will be the cause of a decline in working out.  During Covid, everyone had nothing else better to do, but now people are going to want to get out of their house and will have less time for something like working out.   This prediction of people not working out as much is a reason I wanted to start this blog as well.  I want people to continue their fitness journey and continue to exercise frequently and that is why I have given some tips on how to work out fast and without any of the pain ...

Barbell vs Dumbbells for Working Out

 There is a very interesting question that I think everyone that has ever worked out in their life has thought about.  This question is should I lift with dumbbells or should I use a barbell.  There are pros and cons for each of these workouts and it is tough to say that one is better than the other.  Let's first start off by talking about dumbbells. Dumbbells Pros: I would say the biggest pro of dumbbells is that they are cheaper than a barbell because with a barbell you would have to buy all of the additional weights.   Also, they are easier to store than a barbell.  If you buy a set of adjustable weights, you could throw them in a corner where no one will see them. Wider range of motion than a barbell.  You have more flexibility to change what range of motion you are going to use. I personally think it is easier to change weight on the adjustable dumbbell than unloading all the plates on a barbell Cons: Lift less weight than a barbell.  Be...

What if every gym offered free personal trainers?

  If every gym offered free personal trainers for the first few months, would there be more people working out?  Would this cause the gym industry to boom because they would get more membership fees, but more people would begin working out.  I believe that all beginners to the industry would start going to gyms because they would feel more comfortable with someone helping them.  I also think that this would bring more money to the gym because they would have more customers.  As well as this, I think only beginners would use personal trainers.  This would encourage people to get to the gym and start working out.  I think that there would be less health implications in the world as well because people would be in better shape.  If people are in better shape, the food industry will also boom because people will start worrying about what they put into their bodies.  If people are also healthier, then the healthcare industry could take a small hit...