Skip to main content

When should I do cardio?

 One thing that I have never agreed with when it comes to the fitness "experts" is when you should do your cardio workout.  Many of them say that you should do your strength or weight training and then perform your cardio workout.  However, I have done both cardio before weights and cardio after weights and I feel that one is a lot better than the other.  I am easily on the side of waking up in the morning going outside and getting a nice jog in.  I noticed when I performed cardio first, that I felt more energized during my strength training and I also felt more awake.  If I just started doing strength training, I felt myself being tired and losing focus easily.  As well as that, when I performed my cardio first, I thought of it as a way to stretch out my entire body.  It loosens you up and you will feel a lot more ready for whatever else you have planned for the day.  

So basically, I am saying that I completely disagree with the people that say you should lift first.  I believe that the best thing to do right when you wake up is to get outside and get that fresh air.  Feel what the weather is like and this helped me set my mood for the rest of the day.  Also, I feel that if you do your cardio and say it goes longer than you were planning, you still had a workout that will affect most of your body and you can push off your strength training til later in the day.  If you start with strength training, and you run out of time, then you will most likely not do your cardio because you do not want to get all sweaty again and have to re-shower.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fitness Industry Will Take a Hit with the Urge to get out of your Home

 One thing that I hate to admit, but I believe will happen is people are going to stop working out or give up their fitness journey.  My first reason for believing this is due to the fact that the lockdown from Covid is finally coming to a close so people are starting to travel more, work at an office again, or even go hang out with friends.  These reasons listed above are going to take away from the free time that we all had during the pandemic and I think that this will be the cause of a decline in working out.  During Covid, everyone had nothing else better to do, but now people are going to want to get out of their house and will have less time for something like working out.   This prediction of people not working out as much is a reason I wanted to start this blog as well.  I want people to continue their fitness journey and continue to exercise frequently and that is why I have given some tips on how to work out fast and without any of the pain ...

Barbell vs Dumbbells for Working Out

 There is a very interesting question that I think everyone that has ever worked out in their life has thought about.  This question is should I lift with dumbbells or should I use a barbell.  There are pros and cons for each of these workouts and it is tough to say that one is better than the other.  Let's first start off by talking about dumbbells. Dumbbells Pros: I would say the biggest pro of dumbbells is that they are cheaper than a barbell because with a barbell you would have to buy all of the additional weights.   Also, they are easier to store than a barbell.  If you buy a set of adjustable weights, you could throw them in a corner where no one will see them. Wider range of motion than a barbell.  You have more flexibility to change what range of motion you are going to use. I personally think it is easier to change weight on the adjustable dumbbell than unloading all the plates on a barbell Cons: Lift less weight than a barbell.  Be...

What if every gym offered free personal trainers?

  If every gym offered free personal trainers for the first few months, would there be more people working out?  Would this cause the gym industry to boom because they would get more membership fees, but more people would begin working out.  I believe that all beginners to the industry would start going to gyms because they would feel more comfortable with someone helping them.  I also think that this would bring more money to the gym because they would have more customers.  As well as this, I think only beginners would use personal trainers.  This would encourage people to get to the gym and start working out.  I think that there would be less health implications in the world as well because people would be in better shape.  If people are in better shape, the food industry will also boom because people will start worrying about what they put into their bodies.  If people are also healthier, then the healthcare industry could take a small hit...