Skip to main content

Free Workout Apps Reviews

When looking through the google play store or apple store, there are hundreds of different workout apps that claim they are the best.  I cannot say that I have used all of them, but I have looked through a few of these apps and I want to give a review of three of my favorites that I have used so far.  These three apps are strong workout tracker gym log, Map my run by under armour, and home workout - no equipment.

    Strong Workout Tracker Gym Log

This was one of the first apps that I started to use when I began working out.  Although there is an upgraded version of this app, for what I use it for, all you need is the free version.  The first thing that I want to do is mention some pros and cons.

PROS
  • Very Simple Interface
  • Easy to See Past Workouts
  • Easy to Log workouts
  • Can learn new exercises on this app
  • Shows What weight you use for each exercise so you can look back on that
CONS
  • Does not have every exercise that I would like it to have
  • Does not have all the features that are in the PRO version of this app

So overall, I believe that this is a very beneficial app to have if you want to track your workouts.  This is what I use this app for and it is very easy to put I just completed three sets of bench for 55 pounds.  As well as that, it has some templates for workouts they recommend completing.  I would not use this workout as a training tool however because it does not give all the features without paying for the premium access.  I recommend only using this app to log your workouts.  This way you will be able to see what you first started at and then can see how far you have come in a year.


Map my Run by Under Armour

This is another app that I found right away and have fallen in love with since.  I honestly cannot say that I have had any problems with this app and there are so many benefits.  There is an upgraded version of this app, but I have never seen the need to purchase that.  This app is so simple you just press start and it tracks how many miles you have run, your pace, the time, and how many calories you have burned to do so.  Again, I want to mention the pros and cons of this app

PROS
  • Simple and easy to use
  • Saves all your runs with statistics
  • Able to network with friends and compare data
  • If you have headphones, will tell you when you have completed one mile and etc
  • Accurate GPS system
  • Shows the route you ran, and also shows other people's routes so you can run in other places
CONS
  • Can waste battery while using
Overall, if you are a runner, download this app.  It is wonderful and is very accurate with its distances.  I have used other tracking apps and I believe that this one is far superior to all of the other ones.  Also, sometimes Under Armour will give challenges and have prizes if you complete them.  I could not imagine running without this app.


Home Workout - No Equipment

This is an app that I have just started using recently.  However, I strongly recommend this for people that consider themselves amateurs because it gives you some basic workout routines to follow.  As well as this, it has you enter data specifically for yourself, so it can track data like calories lost and also put goals in for you.  There are some pros and cons for this as well

PROS
  • Specific goals tailored to your body dimensions
  • Video tutorials for how to do workouts
  • Workout Routines for different body parts
  • Allows you to record your weight for you to track
  • Has different workout levels
CONS
  • The interface is a little more confusing
  • Displays lots of Ads
  • Leaves out a lot of tools from the free version
  • Always tries and gets you to buy the upgraded version
Overall, this is a great app, but I believe that it is not necessary.  There are a lot of ads which is annoying when you are trying to work out.  I think this is definitely an app for people that are just starting and may be confused about how to perform some exercises.  Also, there is just a lot on each of the tabs of the app and it can be overwhelming at times.  I sometimes feel like I cannot find what I want to and will just leave the app.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fitness Industry Will Take a Hit with the Urge to get out of your Home

 One thing that I hate to admit, but I believe will happen is people are going to stop working out or give up their fitness journey.  My first reason for believing this is due to the fact that the lockdown from Covid is finally coming to a close so people are starting to travel more, work at an office again, or even go hang out with friends.  These reasons listed above are going to take away from the free time that we all had during the pandemic and I think that this will be the cause of a decline in working out.  During Covid, everyone had nothing else better to do, but now people are going to want to get out of their house and will have less time for something like working out.   This prediction of people not working out as much is a reason I wanted to start this blog as well.  I want people to continue their fitness journey and continue to exercise frequently and that is why I have given some tips on how to work out fast and without any of the pain ...

Barbell vs Dumbbells for Working Out

 There is a very interesting question that I think everyone that has ever worked out in their life has thought about.  This question is should I lift with dumbbells or should I use a barbell.  There are pros and cons for each of these workouts and it is tough to say that one is better than the other.  Let's first start off by talking about dumbbells. Dumbbells Pros: I would say the biggest pro of dumbbells is that they are cheaper than a barbell because with a barbell you would have to buy all of the additional weights.   Also, they are easier to store than a barbell.  If you buy a set of adjustable weights, you could throw them in a corner where no one will see them. Wider range of motion than a barbell.  You have more flexibility to change what range of motion you are going to use. I personally think it is easier to change weight on the adjustable dumbbell than unloading all the plates on a barbell Cons: Lift less weight than a barbell.  Be...

What if every gym offered free personal trainers?

  If every gym offered free personal trainers for the first few months, would there be more people working out?  Would this cause the gym industry to boom because they would get more membership fees, but more people would begin working out.  I believe that all beginners to the industry would start going to gyms because they would feel more comfortable with someone helping them.  I also think that this would bring more money to the gym because they would have more customers.  As well as this, I think only beginners would use personal trainers.  This would encourage people to get to the gym and start working out.  I think that there would be less health implications in the world as well because people would be in better shape.  If people are in better shape, the food industry will also boom because people will start worrying about what they put into their bodies.  If people are also healthier, then the healthcare industry could take a small hit...