Skip to main content

Free Workout Apps Reviews

When looking through the google play store or apple store, there are hundreds of different workout apps that claim they are the best.  I cannot say that I have used all of them, but I have looked through a few of these apps and I want to give a review of three of my favorites that I have used so far.  These three apps are strong workout tracker gym log, Map my run by under armour, and home workout - no equipment.

    Strong Workout Tracker Gym Log

This was one of the first apps that I started to use when I began working out.  Although there is an upgraded version of this app, for what I use it for, all you need is the free version.  The first thing that I want to do is mention some pros and cons.

PROS
  • Very Simple Interface
  • Easy to See Past Workouts
  • Easy to Log workouts
  • Can learn new exercises on this app
  • Shows What weight you use for each exercise so you can look back on that
CONS
  • Does not have every exercise that I would like it to have
  • Does not have all the features that are in the PRO version of this app

So overall, I believe that this is a very beneficial app to have if you want to track your workouts.  This is what I use this app for and it is very easy to put I just completed three sets of bench for 55 pounds.  As well as that, it has some templates for workouts they recommend completing.  I would not use this workout as a training tool however because it does not give all the features without paying for the premium access.  I recommend only using this app to log your workouts.  This way you will be able to see what you first started at and then can see how far you have come in a year.


Map my Run by Under Armour

This is another app that I found right away and have fallen in love with since.  I honestly cannot say that I have had any problems with this app and there are so many benefits.  There is an upgraded version of this app, but I have never seen the need to purchase that.  This app is so simple you just press start and it tracks how many miles you have run, your pace, the time, and how many calories you have burned to do so.  Again, I want to mention the pros and cons of this app

PROS
  • Simple and easy to use
  • Saves all your runs with statistics
  • Able to network with friends and compare data
  • If you have headphones, will tell you when you have completed one mile and etc
  • Accurate GPS system
  • Shows the route you ran, and also shows other people's routes so you can run in other places
CONS
  • Can waste battery while using
Overall, if you are a runner, download this app.  It is wonderful and is very accurate with its distances.  I have used other tracking apps and I believe that this one is far superior to all of the other ones.  Also, sometimes Under Armour will give challenges and have prizes if you complete them.  I could not imagine running without this app.


Home Workout - No Equipment

This is an app that I have just started using recently.  However, I strongly recommend this for people that consider themselves amateurs because it gives you some basic workout routines to follow.  As well as this, it has you enter data specifically for yourself, so it can track data like calories lost and also put goals in for you.  There are some pros and cons for this as well

PROS
  • Specific goals tailored to your body dimensions
  • Video tutorials for how to do workouts
  • Workout Routines for different body parts
  • Allows you to record your weight for you to track
  • Has different workout levels
CONS
  • The interface is a little more confusing
  • Displays lots of Ads
  • Leaves out a lot of tools from the free version
  • Always tries and gets you to buy the upgraded version
Overall, this is a great app, but I believe that it is not necessary.  There are a lot of ads which is annoying when you are trying to work out.  I think this is definitely an app for people that are just starting and may be confused about how to perform some exercises.  Also, there is just a lot on each of the tabs of the app and it can be overwhelming at times.  I sometimes feel like I cannot find what I want to and will just leave the app.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Phone Case Review

 Everyone needs a phone case for their phone.  Whether you want to think that or not, that is a fact.  The amount of security I feel when it is on is so much better than that feeling of dropping it.  However, you also need a phone case that represents you.  So I will be telling you about my new favorite phone case and where you can get it.  First off, here is the  link .  This phone case will give you that personal vibe that you are feeling.  It will let everyone know that you are a lifter.  As well as this, this case is strong and will compete with the top brands of phone cases like otter boxes.  As well as this, this phone case is for the iPhone 11 pro, but there are other cases in the store.   You need to get this phone case fast because I do not know how long we will be offering this product.  This might be a limited-time item and get it before it is too late.  Also, my personal favorite color is white so what is better than a white phone case with the simplicity of writing.  The c

My Favorite Blogs I have Written

 This blog will group different blogs I have written about fitness into categories.  Also, the blogs I mention are some of my favorite ones that I have written and feel are beneficial to read.  This is an easy way for you not to scroll through all the blogs and find which ones you need.  This is going to all be about fitness and will give you the exact links to the blogs that you might be looking for. Definition Posts What is Pre-Workout --> This blog simply explains what pre-workout is and then gives other different blogs that I found useful on this topic. What is a Calorie Deficit --> This blog explains exactly what a calorie deficit is and why it is important for you if you are trying to lose weight? Workout Routines Step by Step Workout Routine --> I think this is the best blog I have written and gives my workout routine and what I do each day.  If you are ever lost on what to do, this is the blog for you and will give you a Monday through Saturday routine. Ab Circuit --&g

T-shirt Review

 Are you tired of your favorite t-shirt getting ruined in the gym?  Are you tired of wearing the same plain t-shirt every time and after a few uses it gets destroyed?  Well if either of those is the case, then you need to buy the Fitness Exploration T-shirt.  For a small price of $26.39, you can have it today.   Click Here  for the link necessary.  This is the last workout shirt you will ever need.  It will last you for the next few years or until you grow big enough that you need a new size.  This is going to be the only shirt you see in your gym and you need to get it before it is too late.  This shirt is simple, but also fantastic at the same time.  With our logo of Fitness Exploration One Day at a Time and a picture of some dumbbells.  It does not get much better than that.   This shirt is guaranteed to gain the attention of everyone else in the gym.  You will also never have to worry about what to wear again.  You can purchase this shirt in a variety of colors, so it can go with e