Skip to main content

How to Start Workout at Home

There are many reasons why people do not work out, being they are scared to go to the gym, they are too busy during the day, or even they do not believe that have a big enough space at home to fulfill all of their workout needs.  However, I am here to tell you that there is not a huge need to go to the gym, you do not need hours to work out, and you do not need a humungous space filled with machines and all of that extra stuff.  In order to start working out, you need two things:
  1. Your body weight
  2. A willpower to keep doing the simple things I am going to tell you
To start working out at home, all you need to do is push-ups, sit-ups, and cardio.  Yes, this is only the start and you will probably need some equipment in the future, but right now we are only focused on how to get started.  This is the same exact way that I started and I will tell you how I did it.  The first thing that I did was before every shower I took I either did 30 push-ups, 30 sit-ups, or a combination of both.  As well as that, when I was watching tv or playing video games I would do push-ups during the commercial breaks or when I was not playing.  

The next thing you should do along with push-ups and sit-ups is get cardio in.  This can either be a short run, a bike ride, or even just a walk.  The key to this, however, is not to get lazy with yourself.  Each day you should be adding the distance or the number of push-ups you do.  

There are a few tips that I would like to give before I end this post
  1. Set a goal for yourself each week
  2. Anything is a starting point even if it is just ten push-ups a day
  3. Try to accomplish more than you did the day before


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fitness Industry Will Take a Hit with the Urge to get out of your Home

 One thing that I hate to admit, but I believe will happen is people are going to stop working out or give up their fitness journey.  My first reason for believing this is due to the fact that the lockdown from Covid is finally coming to a close so people are starting to travel more, work at an office again, or even go hang out with friends.  These reasons listed above are going to take away from the free time that we all had during the pandemic and I think that this will be the cause of a decline in working out.  During Covid, everyone had nothing else better to do, but now people are going to want to get out of their house and will have less time for something like working out.   This prediction of people not working out as much is a reason I wanted to start this blog as well.  I want people to continue their fitness journey and continue to exercise frequently and that is why I have given some tips on how to work out fast and without any of the pain ...

Problems with Cheap Jump Ropes

 I think one workout that oftentimes gets overlooked is jumping rope.  There is a reason if you have ever seen a boxer training, this is part of their workout regime.  However, a good jump rope is hard to find.  I have searched amazon for plenty of jump ropes, but I have not found any that have not broken after a few weeks for a reasonable price.  Yes, you can buy one of the jump ropes that cost $100 and they will work perfectly, but not all of us have a budget like that.  However, the worst jump rope that I have found is on amazon and it is  here .  This might have been the worst purchase of my life.  In the first few days of using this, the cable started to break at the bottom, and then the next thing I know the grip was falling off as well.  As well as this, the length you try to keep this jump rope at does not stay there and the screw on top broke for me within a week or two.       I see something like this as a h...

Barbell vs Dumbbells for Working Out

 There is a very interesting question that I think everyone that has ever worked out in their life has thought about.  This question is should I lift with dumbbells or should I use a barbell.  There are pros and cons for each of these workouts and it is tough to say that one is better than the other.  Let's first start off by talking about dumbbells. Dumbbells Pros: I would say the biggest pro of dumbbells is that they are cheaper than a barbell because with a barbell you would have to buy all of the additional weights.   Also, they are easier to store than a barbell.  If you buy a set of adjustable weights, you could throw them in a corner where no one will see them. Wider range of motion than a barbell.  You have more flexibility to change what range of motion you are going to use. I personally think it is easier to change weight on the adjustable dumbbell than unloading all the plates on a barbell Cons: Lift less weight than a barbell.  Be...